What would I need to change if I want to use this engine to develop android apps as well? Using the js, and html5 as standard coding, but what in the engine would I have to change? Any recommendations?
appMobi -> search the forums for this keyword
9 years ago
Hey James, I'm doing this right now with my game actually. There are three main things you need to do:
1. Size your game correctly
- Make sure your game board size is formatted for the mobile screen. Check out http://blog.gameclosure.com/?p=59
2. You will have to optimize your code
- A game that runs smooth on your PC may run pretty choppy on a mobile device if you don't take a couple steps to optimize it. I would recommend to just type in "mobile" into the forum search and you will get several great tips. Check out http://impactjs.com/forums/help/ways-to-optimize-for-mobile-devices
and the mobile section under the DOCS page for all the details.
3. Install Appmobi and check out their Game Dev section
- I have tried out the other options out there and Appmobi is the easiest to use and has the slickest UI and a good API.
Thanks Fugufish....And Awesome Info Ken! I appreciate the both of you!
also, the guys at appMobi are quite active in our forums! TylerAppMobi is one
I try to get on these forums at-least once a day :D
And James333, We are making a getting started video tutorial today about how to install appMobi and make your first app.
I'll post the link here for you when it's finished
Page 1 of 1