Impact

This forum is read only and just serves as an archive. If you have any questions, please post them on github.com/phoboslab/impact

1 decade ago by Eddie

/><br />
<br />
As you guys can see on the upper right where my layers are, for some reason Weltmeister created like 20 additional collision layers, all of which are somehow the same layer as my original collision layer and undeleteable.<br />
<br />
Anyone know anything about this? Should I just go into the JS and do some deleting of code?<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
Eddie			</div>
		</div>
			<div class=

1 decade ago by stahlmanDesign

You're going to have to persuade HAL that deleting the layers would not harm him.

I don't know why they were created but you could manually delete addtional layers in a text editor by modifying the JSON file (layer file)

1 decade ago by Eddie

Yeah, I was gonna try to do that until the 900,000 character line that is the entire level map made my text editor crash >.<;

The REAL problem, though, is that now it's doing this FOR ALL my levels. If I create a new level, it COMES with like 15 collision layers, all of which are modeled after the mess you see in that image. A bug in the engine perhaps (I don't mean impact, I mean in MY specific Impact).

1 decade ago by Eddie

No one has any ideas for this? :(

I'm afraid that the large amount of extra pointless collision layers (now in the 300's, almost 400) might make my level files somewhat larger, plus it's a bug that I don't want to have lying around.

Making new levels doesn't fix it, it makes new levels with empty collision layers too.

1 decade ago by Joncom

Perhaps create a new level (duplicate layers included) and see if you can get your text editor not to crash when opening it. It could be helpful in troubleshooting to know if your maps actually have 400+ layers or if it's a visual glitch within Weltmeister.

1 decade ago by Eddie

So one of my devs did go into his text file and edited it, it did in fact have those 400 layers, but even after editing it, Weltmeister create them again. It's weird >.>

1 decade ago by Joncom

You may want to try using vanilla ImpactJS and Weltmeister library files to see if that fixes the issue. Just make sure not to overwrite your own main.js file.

1 decade ago by Eddie

Joncom, I see how I could try doing that to fix it, but the thing is I recently rewrote to vanilla files with the 1.20 update. I'll try it again and see if it works.

10 years ago by DangerousDave

Hi, folk.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but was a solution ever found to this issue? I'm currently working through the book 'HMTL5 Game Development with ImpactJS' and i'm finding that every time I save a level in Weltmeister I double the number of collision layers I have. It can all get out of hand quite quickly and I can end up with a .js file with over 90,000 lines of code within an hour.

I'm unable to delete the layers within Weltmeister at all. Nothing happens. I can delete the layers within a script editor, but if I do that, the remaining collision layer has no visibility in Weltmeister. It exists and is recognised as a collision layer, but I cannot draw on it and I cannot see anything drawn on it, if that makes sense.

There is one work-around i've found, and that is to refresh the page before saving a level. However, i'm paranoid i'll end up losing some of the changes i've made.

For what it's worth, i'm using Chrome at the moment. Perhaps a change in browser will do the trick?

10 years ago by Joncom

@DangerousDave: Are you using the latest version of Impact?
If not, make sure all files in /lib/impact/ and /lib/weltmeister are current.

10 years ago by DangerousDave

I'm using version 1.24, which i'm assuming (or hoping) is the latest version. It appears to be the only version available on my download page.

10 years ago by stahlmanDesign

If you want to zip your files (without impact) and provide them so I can take a look. I have 1.24 and I've never had the problem you describe

9 years ago by Joncom

Observed this issue tonight for the first time. Interesting...
Page 1 of 1
« first « previous next › last »