Impact

This forum is read only and just serves as an archive. If you have any questions, please post them on github.com/phoboslab/impact

5 years ago by city41

My game does not load in Safari 8. I'm not sure why yet. But just a warning for others. I tried several other Impact games and they all worked fine in Safari 8.

5 years ago by stahlmanDesign

Look in the console and let us know if there is a warning message

5 years ago by dungeonmaster

I use Firefox even on MacOSX for developing and debugging. Safari always seems to be a little bit buggy, especially the sounds.

5 years ago by city41

No errors in the console, it starts loading all my assets then towards the end it just stops. Sometimes it says something to the effect of "this page has become unstable and was refreshed", sometimes it doesn't load the canvas at all.

Game is here btw: http://www.mattgreer.org/dragon-plunder/

It's a very by the book Impact game, the only thing that might stand out is I have a lot of audio that takes a while to load.

when I get a real chance to sit down with it I'll figure it out. Though I also suspect Safari 8's a little on the raw side and some updates from Apple might also fix it.

5 years ago by nightbyter

I do have errors in the console while loading.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request) http://www.mattgreer.org/dragon-plunder/media/sfx/ledge_2.ogg
Uncaught Failed to load resource: media/sfx/ledge_2.* game.min.js:1

MacOS: 10.9.5
Chrome: Version 38.0.2125.104

nightbyter

5 years ago by stahlmanDesign

@city41 I upgraded to Yosemite and Safari 8.0 and I see what you mean. My game often does not load (90% of the time). It gets to the end of loading the assets (progress bar) and stops. There are no errors in the console.

Strangely, if I change tabs and come back, it continues to load and starts fine.

Very weird. I think it has to do with loading sounds because other games without sounds don't have this problem. For example, loading Weltmeister is fine.

Hopefully an update to Safari will fix this.

5 years ago by stahlmanDesign

I was able to fix the problem by providing mp3 and ogg files even though I did not specify .* in my sounds (only mp3 while developing).

Safari 8 did not give any console errors, but Chrome did. So I created .ogg versions of my files and restarted Safari and it always loads fine now.

Either there is something wrong with how I'm loading sounds, or there's a hiccup in the soundManager.
Page 1 of 1
« first « previous next › last »